Thursday, February 24, 2011

Withdrawal, a step in the right direction

Trial and error sucks. Can I just say that? Taking a class to see if you like the subject can just suck sometimes. I realized last night information systems is not the path for me I realized I completely hated computer programming and I realized I have no idea what I am doing. A lot to realize in one night? Actually it has been over the course of many nights, nights where I spend hours wondering what I am going to end up doing, how am I going to provide, will I be happy. Extremely selfish questions I know, unfortunately I have been stuck on myself for the most part of this semester.

Solution: Withdraw, you know that little word next to all of your classes? It tempts you every time you feel overwhelmed? Well I am going to succumb, after talking with my parents, friends, and God I decided to throw in the towel. Although it sounds like the easy way out it feels ridiculously hard. Only hard because I care way too much about what other people think. I know its the right decision for me but everyone around me may feel differently. Luckily I have some kick trash parents who just want me to succeed. I see people much differently after this little stint in my life.

The next phase: I decided that the ridiculous amounts of time I spent on my computer projects will now be spent on finding out what the heck I am doing with my life. Do a little soul searching. I have never felt so disoriented in my life, but I know my friends and family care so it will all work out. Before now the name of my blog has not meant very much but I think the next few months will be filled with anonymous confessions.

No comments: