Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Progress report

These are my two opinion letters written to the school newspaper http://universe.byu.edu/node/14749, http://universe.byu.edu/node/14409

Both were responses to letters written about BYUSA, I am not quite sure when I became the literary white knight for BYUSA but its happened. I think I wrote more out of frustration of the opinions than my love for BYUSA. Honestly I have no connection to the organization but I am aware people give it a hard time. I figured they could use a little help from someone on the outside.
So its been awhile since my last post I figure an update was necessary. My life has been significantly better post reformation. Its nice trusting that things will work and not focusing so much on money. I did not really understand how much it drove me until I took a long hard look at myself. Kind of makes me wonder what other buried issues I have. Time to find them? I think so.
My honest intent on blogging today was not to give a progress report, it was to vent about this article in the New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/15/us/politics/15utah.html?_r=1&ref=us. It really frustrates me when people lie on either extreme, it really frustrates me that so many people are not extreme but because they do not vote we end up letting extreme people get all the control. I do not like the fact that the person with the loudest voice is heard above the voice of many. I know, know, know, know, know there are many moderate people in Utah but it seems like they never make their voice heard. I just discovered my real frustration is at myself, I have not learned enough or made enough of an effort to make my voice heard. Looks like I have a new project. I will come up with a plan and report later.
PEACE

No comments: